If the section below does not answer the question(s) you may have, please do not hesitate to call or email us here at LeRoy Tool & Die for assistance.
- What are your tooling lead times?
- What materials are used for prototype tools?
- Is LeRoy Tool & Die ISO certified?
- What materials can you mold?
- What type of runner designs does LTD offer for rubber molds?
- What solutions can you offer to improve the cycle times when using an injection tool?
- On a rubber-to-metal bonded part, how can you minimize the amount of flash around the (component) metal?
- What type of material are plastic blow molds constructed with?
- Can LTD mold TPV/Santoprene®?
- Is LeRoy Tool & Die a public or privately owned company?
- Does LeRoy Tool do any other types of machining beyond tooling?
- What is the most helpful information that can be provided with a rubber or plastic part RFQ?
Lead time varies by type of tool and complexity. We have produced a mold in as little as 48 hours, but some multi-cavity production tools can take 8 weeks or longer. LTD remains committed to working with our customers to improve timing on those projects that require expedited delivery.
Prototype molds can be built from aluminum or various grades of steel including P2.
Yes, we are ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Common materials molded are Chloroprene (CR), Nitrile (NBR), Ethylene Acrylic AEM), Natural rubber (NR), Styrene Butadiene (SBR), Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM), Nitrile + Polyvinyl Chloride (NBR+PVC) and Polyacrylate rubber ACM.
We can build hot runner and solid or split cold runner molds tailored specifically to your needs.
LeRoy Tool designs and fabricates various assemblies including (but not limited to) rotating core bars, sliding core bars, and shuttle plates for faster cycle times. We build many tools with a split core that makes part removal easier. We can also provide tools for loading metals into the mold, knocking out parts from multi-cavity molds, and removing complex parts from the core.
LeRoy Tool can design a mold that uses hardened bite inserts that minimize the amount of flash that typically gets around the metal.
High-grade aluminum and they are typically single or two cavity tools.
Yes, part of the thermoplastic elastomer family, LTD can mold Santoprene® in sample to small production runs.
(Santoprene® is a registered trademark of the Exxon Mobil Corporation.)
We have been a family owned and operated business since 1988.
Yes, we are a full-service machine shop. Contact us with your needs for a quote!
2D part drawing or concept details, component drawings if applicable, 3D model (.stp file), indicate if a production, prototype or service part, annual requirements and material specifications.